Table of Contents
GTbank account reactivation – How to reactivate gtbank account with 737
If you have a gtbank account but you have not used it to perform any transaction such as withdrawals and deposits in a long time, say 6 months, your account becomes inactive.
In this post, am going to show you how to reactivate your gtbank account(gtbank account reactivation), whether individual, corporate or a non-resident Nigerian.
How to reactivate gtbank account with 737 USSD code
If you want to reactivate your gtbank without going to the bank, you can do so by following the below instruction
- Dial *737# on the phone number with which you registered your account.
- Input your bank verification number (BVN) in the empty field.
- Input your account officer code if you know it, otherwise, select “1” to continue.
- You will need to perform a transaction by topping up your phone with at least 100 naira with the gtbank USSD code *737# to complete the reactivation.
The process is very simple and you don’t need to visit the bank to do this, you can do it comfortably from your home.
How to check if your gtbank account is inactive
If you have not used your gtbank account in a long time and you want to know if its inactive, you can check if you are able to perform the following transactions:
- Fund transfer
- Airtime top up
- Cheque payment to third party
- Cash withdrawal
- Bill payment
If you can’t perform any of the above transactions, then your account has been restricted and is inactive.
How to reactivate your dormant gtbank account
If you cannot reactivate your account using the above process, then it is possible that your account is now dormant.
This happens if you have not performed any transactions on that account for more than year.
To reactivate a dormant account, you need to visit the nearest gtbank branch and bring along the following
- A recent utility bill issued within the last 3 months.
- A valid means of identification e.g. an international passport, driver’s license, permanent voter’s card or national ID card.
Request for a dormant account reactivation form and fill it completely with all your details and submit.
How to prevent your account from becoming dormant or inactive
To prevent your account from becoming dormant, you need to do the following:
- Perform transactions on your gtbank account.
- Always take advantage of products and services for your transactions and you don’t even need to visit the banking halls, you can use the USSD code 737, deposit ATMs, mobile app and internet banking.
- Keep your address and contact information updated on your bank accounts.
How to reactivate dormant account for corporate account holder
To reactivate a dormant sole propertiorship account, follow these steps:
- A duly filled dormant corporate account reactivation form or letter signed by authorized account signatory.
- Valid ID card of authorized signatory.
Submit to the nearest gtbank branch.
Limited liability companies
To reactivate a dormant account for a limited liability company, follow these steps:
- A duly filled dormant corporate account reactivation form or board resolution signed by two directors or a director and the company secretary (company seal should be affixed on the letter).
- Valid regulatory ID card of authorized signatories/directors/trustees.
Submit to the nearest gtbank branch.
To reactivate a dormant account to non-resident Nigerians, follow these steps:
- A duly completed and signed dormant account reactivation form.
- Notarized utility bill or stamped bank statement issued within the last 3 months.
- Valid Nigerian international passport, driver’s license, voter’s card, national identity card or notarized foreign identity card in addition to an expired Nigerian regulatory ID.
For students who reside in school accommodation in foreign countries:
- A signed & stamped/scaled letter from school showing proof of residence in hostels with proof of scholarship or tuition fees.
For students with accommodation outside the school
- A valid notarized utility bill should be provided.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
When is an account made inactive?
If you don’t perform transactions on your gtbank account for a period of 6 months, your account will become inactive.
When is an account made dormant?
An account is made dormant If you don’t performed transactions on the account for a period of a year.
How to keep my account from becoming inactive/dormant?
You need to make frequent transactions on your gtbank account like deposits, withdrawal, transfers or point-of-sale transactions on the account.
Gtbank customer care
If you have questions, you can reach the gtbank customer care on the below channels:
234 700 4826 66328
234 1448 0000
234 802 900 2900
234 803 900 3900
I hope you now understand how to reactive an inactive gtbank account, if you have any questions, leave them below.
Remember to share with you friends who might need this. Thank you for reading.