Table of Contents
How to open a first bank account online
Read all about how to open a first Bank account online.
In this blog-post, am going to show you how to open a first bank account online. These days, technology is rapidly growing, tasks that used to require physical labor and paperwork can now be done at the comfort of your home.
Back in the days, when you wanted to open a bank account, you usually had to go to the bank with a lot of documents and it required you to do many mundane task.
These days, you can be laying on your bed and open a first bank account without needing to visit a first bank branch.
Am going to show you the different ways to easily open a first bank account online.
How to open a first bank account online with *894#
If you want to open a first bank account online, you can do so by following the below instructions:
- Dial the first bank ussd code *894# on your mobile phone.
- Select the option “2” that shows the option “open an account”.
- If you have your bvn (bank verification number), select “1”, but if you don’t yet have your bvn number, select “2”.
- If you select “1”, enter your Bank verification number.
- Create your “4” digit PIN and make sure you can remember it.
- Confirm all your details by selecting “1”, then click to confirm.
- Congratulations, you have successfully opened a first bank account online. Cool right?
- Wait for your first bank account number which will be sent to your phone via sms.
It is very easy and convenient. You can do this on your own at home without needing to go to the bank.
The above is the easiest and quickest method to open a first bank account in Nigeria.
How to open a first bank account online on the first bank website
If you prefer to open a first bank account on the website itself, it is also very easy. All you have to do is:
- Visit https://openaccount.firstbanknigeria.com
- Read all the terms and conditions for open a first bank account.
- Register with your bank verification number if you have one. If you don’t have one, you can still go ahead and register, but first bank will place your account under freeze i.e. you won’t be able to carry out transactions with the account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and input all your details.
- Your first bank account will be created successfully. Easy right?
How to open a first bank account online with the account opening form
This is very easy to do; all you have to do is the following:
- Download a special account opening form on the official first bank website.
- Fill the form and submit it to any of the nearest first bank branches.
- Provide your user ID
- A special token will be given to you at the bank branch.
- From here you will be given login details with which you can do internet banking on the first bank mobile app.
First bank first instant account
The first instant account is an account type that is designed specifically for students. If you are a business man, you would probably not be interested in this type of account, as it has a lot of limitations.
Some of the features of the first instant account are:
- It has an opening balance of 1,000 naira.
- It has an operating balance of 500 naira.
- A maximum cash deposit of 50,000 naira per transaction.
- A maximum account balance of 300, 000 naira.
- You need to be 18 years and above to operate this account.
- No limits to the number of withdrawals you can initiate in a month.
You can always upgrade the account at a later time.
First bank customer care
If you have questions, and you need to contact the first bank customer care, you can reach them via the following:
Telephone number: +234 1 905 2326
+234 708 062 5000
+234 1 448 5500
Hopefully, with this post, you now know how to open a first bank account online. So if for some reason you are unable to visit a first bank branch, you can still open an account with your phone from the comfort of your home.
If you have questions, you can leave them in the comment section below and I will tend to them as soon as I can.
Remember to share this post with your friends who might need this, and don’t forget to subscribe to get more posts like this straight to your email.
Thank you for reading.
Read my post on how to change BVN name