How to block all banks ATM card in Nigeria if lost or stolen
There are times when we misplace our ATM cards, either through to our own carelessness or some situation that was beyond our control.
Other times, our ATM card might be stolen in one way or the other, these individuals who steal these ATM cards, probably have some ways of accessing your funds if they have your ATM card.
If the ATM card gets in the wrong hands, this can become a problem and your funds will probably not be safe.
Usually, people visit their various banks to report their ATM card stolen or missing. The bank can then place a block on the ATM to ensure that nobody can use the ATM card to withdraw from your account.
Perhaps, you can’t visit the bank for one reason or the other, or maybe you fear it might be too late for you to wait till you are able to visit the bank before you can block your ATM card. By then all your funds might be gone.
I have good news for you, I will show you how to block all banks ATM card in Nigeria by yourself in the comfort of your home without visiting the bank.
Are you interested in learning this? Let me show you how…
How to block access bank ATM card
If you are a customer of access bank and you misplace your ATM card or maybe it was stolen, you can block it easily by doing any of the following:
- Immediately contact the access bank customer care to block you ATM card. Call 1 800.554.8969 if you lost your debit card, call 1 800.558.3424 if you lost your credit card.
- Contact access bank on social media
- From the access bank mobile app, Navigate to CARD & CHEQUES to MANAGE CARDS then choose the an account you want i.e. if you have more than one, BLOCK and then enter your PIN.
How to block first bank ATM card
If you are a customer of first bank, and you misplace or have your card stolen, you can block your card by doing the following:
- From the SIM CARD with which you registered your first bank account, send BLOCK to 30012.
Within 24 hours, your ATM card will be blocked and you won’t be able to withdraw from your account.
How to block GTbank ATM card
For GTbank customers, there are so many ways you can block your ATM card if you misplace it. To do this, you can do any of the following:
Block GTbank ATM card through SMS
- Send HOTLIST NUBAN to 08076665555 from the phone number with which your GTbank account was registered. The NUBAN is to be replaced with the 10 digits of your account number linked to your card.
Contact GTbank customer care
Contact GTconnect using the following numbers 0700GTconnect (0700482666328), 01-4480000, 08039003900 or 08029002900 to request for your ATM card to be deactivated immediately.
Block your ATM card via GTbank internet banking
From your profile:
- Click on the cards icon and then the card hotlist link.
- Select card number and request reason.
- Input the secret question answer.
- Click continue and click the token generated after that.
- Click SUBMIT
A pop-up will ask you to confirm the deactivation of your ATM card. Once you confirm this, your ATM card will be deactivated.
How to block zenith bank ATM card
Zenith bank customers can easily block their ATM cards by following the below instructions:
- Login to the zenith bank app
- Click on the Menu bar and select cards & cheques.
- Select deactivate card under type and enter a reason.
- Click on to continue and block the ATM card.
You can also contact the zenith bank customer care via phone call 012787000, 014647000 and 012927000 and request for them to deactivate your ATM card.
How to block Fidelity bank ATM card
Fidelity customers can easily deactivate their ATM cards by using the USSD code *770#
- Dial *770# from the phone number with which you registered your Fidelity account.
- In the next screen that shows up, select “9”.
- Select “8” to block.
- Enter your 10 digit NUBAN bank account number, continue and block the ATM card.
You can also contact the fidelity bank customer care to block your ATM card via:
How to block UBA ATM card
If you are a United bank of Africa customer, you can block your ATM card by following the below instructions:
- Dial *919*10# from the mobile number that is registered with your UBA bank account.
- Enter your 10 digit UBA NUBAN bank account number
- Continue to blocking your ATM card
- Dial *919# from the phone number registered with your bank account.
- Select “7” for NEXT
- Select Banking services
- Select “1” to block debit card
- Enter your account number and then SEND.
Block ATM card with UBA internet banking
To block your ATM card using UBA internet banking, follow the below instruction:
- Login to the UBA internet banking platform.
- Select self service
- Request to block your card
You can also contact the UBA customer care to help you deactivate their account:
Phone number: +234 700 225 5822
How to block stanbic IBTC bank ATM card
To block your stanbic IBTC ATM card, follow the below instructions:
- Dial *909# from your phone
- After that choose MY BANK
- Choose SERVICE REQUEST
- Choose BLOCK CARD
You can also send Block card NUBAN to 30909. The NUBAN is your 10 digits’ account number that is linked to your card.
How to block sterling bank ATM card
To block a sterling bank ATM card:
- Dial *822# from the phone number that is registered with your sterling bank account number.
- Select “9” on the next screen.
- Select “4” for card management.
- Select “3” in the next slide for card control.
- Select “1” for enable/disable.
- Enter your sterling bank account number and click NEXT and block your card.
Alternatively, you can also contact customer care via:
Phone number: 070078375464
How to block WEMA bank ATM card
There are different ways to block your WEMA ATM card, WEMA mobile app, WEMA internet banking solution. To deactivate WEMA ATM card via SMS:
Send CARD ATM OFF to 33352 using your registered number with them.
How to block UNITY bank ATM card
To block your UNITY bank ATM card, you will need to contact their customer care:
How to block UNION BANK ATM card
To block your UNION BANK ATM is very straight forward, just do the following:
- Text BLOCK CARD NUBAN via SMS to 20123 using the phone number registered on your UNION BANK account.
- Replace the NUBAN with your 10 digit bank account number.
How to block POLARIS BANK ATM card
To block your Polaris bank ATM card, you will need to contact customer care on the following channels:
Phone number: +234 12705850
How to block ECOBANK ATM card
ECOBANK has an easy which you can block your ATM card:
Send STOP ATM NUBAN NUMBER to 08063262265, the NUBAN NUMBER is your 10 digits’ bank account number.
How to block FCMB ATM card
To block your FCMB ATM card, you will need to contact customer care on the following channels:
Phone number: +234 2798800
How to block KEYSTONE BANK ATM card
To block your KEYSTONE ATM card, you will need to contact customer care on the following channels:
Phone number: +234 1448 5742
+234 70 8060 500
Losing your ATM card can be painful and it usually comes with the fear of some individual using your ATM card to get access to your funds in the bank account.
With this post, you should now know how to block your bank ATM card. Some people usually go the extra measure of transferring all the money in their account to a different account.
I believe this post has helped you, please share this post with some of your friends who might need this.
If you have questions or comments, you can leave them below and I will tend to them as soon as possible.
Remember to subscribe to this blog to keep getting quality posts straight to your email. Thank you for reading.
Read my post on how to register for GTbank mobile banking.