How to open access bank account online
Read all about how to open access bank account online.
Usually, when you want to open a bank account, you were required to visit the nearest bank branch with a long list of documents.
Sometimes you might even go to the bank with incomplete documents or maybe wrong ones, this will mean you will have to go get the correct ones before you will be attended to.
These days, you can open a bank account online with your mobile phone from the comfort of your home and you can then complete the process in the banking halls.
Access bank is one of the best banks in Nigeria and they have rolled out a way for you to open a bank account online using their USSD code *901#.
If you want to learn how to open access bank account online, you have come to the right place, I will show you how to do this easily with your mobile phone.
Let’s get into it then…
How to open access bank account online
So, you want to open an access bank account with your mobile phone? How to do this?
You can open an access bank account with the USSD code *901#, this code can be used for opening an access bank account, buying airtime, transferring funds to other accounts, bill payments, generate OTP, cardless withdrawal etc.
To open access bank account:
- Dial *901*0# on your mobile phone
Once you dial this code, you will be prompted if you want to open the account with your BVN (bank verification number) or your personal details.
If you have your Bank verification number (BVN), you can go ahead and use it (dial *565*0# to check your BVN if you don’t remember it) but if you don’t, you can register with your personal details.
If you are registering with your personal details, move ahead to step 2.
- Type in your FIRST NAME and tap SEND.
- Type in your LAST NAME and tap SEND
- Your access bank account will automatically be created and sent to you via SMS. Easy right?
What to do after getting your access bank account number?
Go ahead to the nearest Access bank branch with a passport photograph and a valid ID, this is so your bank account can be activated.
With this USSD code you can open an account without visiting a bank, filling a form or paying an account opening balance.
Now that you know how to open access bank account online, I want to tell you about access bank instant savings account
Access bank Instant savings account
The access bank instant savings can be opened from your mobile phone without you visiting the bank, some of the features of the instant savings account are:
- No minimum opening balance is required
- Account details can be uploaded via the contact center, branch or the website of the bank.
- Issuance of verve cards only.
- Interest rate of 4.2% per annum on the account.
- Maximum single deposit of 50,000 naira.
- Cumulative balance of 300,000 naira.
Benefits of an instant savings account
- Convenient and flexible account opening requirements.
- Account can be opened via contact center, website or in the branch.
- The account makes account holder to be financially included.
- Provides account information updates via SMS/Email alerts.
- Access to cash anytime, anywhere with debit cards on ATMs
- Use of Verve debit cards on POS terminals.
Requirements for opening an instant savings account
- A duly completed account opening form including the signature mandate section.
- 1 passport sized photograph
- Means of identification is not required.
- Bank verification number
- AML risk assessment
- Customer data verification.
How to buy airtime with access bank code *901#
To buy airtime with the access bank USSD code, follow the below instructions:
- Dial *901#
- Select “4” for airtime
- Select “1” for self-purchase and “2” for others.
- Enter purchase amount, your number or the number of the person you are sending to.
Access bank mobile app
To use the access bank mobile, you will need to download it from google playstore for android or the apple store for iPhone.
In other to register for the access bank mobile app and begin using it, you will need:
- An active access bank account
- Internet connection, token/transaction PIN, email or mobile number registered with bank for one-time password (OTP).
Now before you go, let me tell you a little bit about access bank and why it is one of the best banks in Nigeria.
Access bank is a Nigerian multinational commercial bank that is owned by access bank group, it is licensed by the central bank of Nigeria (CBN), the national banking regulator to operate in the banking industry of Nigeria.
The bank was initially a corporate bank but the organization acquired personal and also business banking platforms from Nigeria’s international commercial bank in the year 2012.
Access bank is one of the five largest banks in Nigeria in terms of assets, loans, deposits and also branch networks.
The access bank headquarters is located in the city of Lagos.
So, hopefully with this post, you now know how to open access bank account online. Just dial *901*0#, you can choose to register with bank verification number or by providing your personal details, either way, just know that once you receive your account number through SMS, you should proceed to the nearest access bank branch with your passport photograph and ID card, so your account can be fully activated.
Once your account is fully activated, you will be able to perform all access bank transactions like withdrawals, deposits without restrictions.
If you have questions, you can leave them in the comment section below and I will answer them as soon as I possibly can.
Remember to share with your friends who might need this and don’t forget to subscribe to this blog to keep getting posts like this straight to your mail.
Thank you for reading.
Read my post on how to apply for a smedan loan