Table of Contents
How to open GTbank account for a child/Kid (SKS account)?
Read all about how to open a GTbank account for a child.
Opening a bank account for your child is one of the smartest financial decisions you can take for your child.
There are so many advantages that come with opening a bank account for your child, from imbibing a saving culture in them early on, setting them up for a financially secure future, having money for their up keep etc.
If you have decided to open a bank account for your child, then there are a few things you should know.
In this post, I am going to be writing about how to open a GTbank account for your child or kid and more.
Remember to leave us a comment after you finish reading and also share with your friends on social media.
Let’s get into it then…
About GTbank SKS Account?
The Smart Kids Save account is designed to enable parents/guardians save for their children under 18 years of age, whilst also developing a savings culture in them.
Teaching children the value of savings early can help them develop SMART financial habits for life.
The Guaranty Trust Bank Smart Kids Save (SKS) account is available in two categories:
SKS (0 – 12 years)
SKS Teen (13 to under 18 years)
The SKS Teen account is an additional account opened when the Smart Kid is/becomes 13 years and older.
Required documents to open GTbank SKS account?
The following are the documents required to open a GTbank SKS account:
- One passport photograph of signatory and Smart Kid.
- Valid ID for each signatory (International Passport, National Driver’s license, National ID Card).
- Utility bill
- Copy of Smart Kids Birth Certificate
Features & benefits of GTbank SKS account
- Minimum opening/account balance of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira Only).
- Competitive interest rates at 4.20% (the more you save, the more you earn)
- Allows lodgments of cheques, drafts and dividends into the account, subject to a maximum of N1,000,000 per instrument
- Periodic lodgements can be made into the account through Standing Order/automated direct debits.
- Complimentary invite to SKS Fun events
- SKS can be converted into a regular savings or current account, with the young saver as an authorized signatory. This is however only after the Smart kid saver has attained the age of 18
- From the age of 13, an SKS Teen account will be opened for the teenager which comes with a Trendy Teen MasterCard (issued upon Parent’s request) so the child can learn to manage money responsibly.
How to open GTbank SKS account?
Follow the below instructions to open a GTbank account for your child:
- Click on the link https://ao.gtbank.com/aowe/start
- Select Open a PERSONAL ACCOUNT now
- Select the Open a new account from the options
- Select my kid/ward from the “Who is the Account for?” option
- Select Smart Kids save
- Input your Bank verification number
- Input your Date of birth
- Input your phone number
- Click on VALIDATE
- Follow the on-screen options
You can also visit the nearest GTbank branch and request for the SKS account opening form, fill it with all the required details, provide the required documents and the SKS account will be opened for you.
Guaranty Trust Bank plc was established in 1990 as a limited liability company with a license to provide commercial and other banking services to Nigerians. Since its inception in February 1991, the bank has evolved to become one of Nigeria’s most renowned and service-oriented institutions.
Guaranty Trust Bank plc became a publicly traded corporation in September 1996, and it received the Nigerian Stock Exchange President’s Merit Award that year, as well as in 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.
The Bank received a universal banking license in February 2002 and was later designated as a settlement bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in 2003.
I hope that with the above, I have helped you in opening a GTbank SKS account. If you require further help, then don’t hesitate to leave us a comment or visit our contact us page and send us an email.
We will get back to you as soon as we possibly can.
Thank you for reading my post on How to open GTbank account for a child/Kid (SKS account)?. If you have any question or comment, you can leave it below in the comment section below.
Remember to share with your friends on social media and also subscribe to this blog for more banking and finance updates.
Thank you once again.