Table of Contents
Best Bank For PTA (Which Banks Give PTA Fast?)
Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) is a foreign currency scheme that ensures people traveling from Nigeria to other countries have access to foreign currency at official CBN rates.
The purpose of the scheme is to level the huge gap between the Black-Market rate and the Central Bank of Nigeria for Nigeria traveling aboard.
However, there are a few rules and Requirements placed by the CBN to ensure that the funds are given only to Nigerian travelers. When it comes to the best bank for PTA, most Nigerian banks operate on a first-come-first-serve basis. So, follow up with your bank with your AF number.
This article will discuss the best bank for PTA and CBN requirements for PTA.
Best Bank For Personal Travel Allowance (PTA)
Below are the bests bank for PTA;
Access bank is a multinational commercial bank licensed by the CBN to provide corporate, commercial, SME, consumer, and retail banking services to over 30 million customers, served through diverse channels. Access bank is one of the best banks when it comes to giving PTA to customers.
United Bank of Africa
UBA is a multinational pan-African financial services group established in 1949, to provide corporate, commercial, SME, consumer, and retail banking services to more than 30 million customers, served through a different channels. Additionally, UBA is one of the best banks when it comes to giving PTA to their customer.
Zenith bank is a commercial bank licensed by the CBN in 1990, and its headquarter is located in Victoria Island, Lagos state, Nigeria. moreover, the bank has clearly distinguished itself as one of the best banks in the Nigerian financial services industry concerning unique customer experience, superior service quality, and good financial indices. Zenith Bank is one of the best banks when it comes to giving PTA to their customer.
Guaranty Trust Bank
GTB is a limited liability company founded in 1990 and licensed by the CBN to provide corporate, commercial, and other banking services to Nigerians. GTB is one of the best banks for PTA. Guaranty Trust Bank is one of the best banks when it comes to giving PTA to their customer.
FBN is a multinational bank and financial services company founded in 1894. It is the oldest bank in Nigeria with the largest client base and it specializes in retail banking, commercial, and other banking services. First bank is one of the best banks when it comes to giving PTA to their customer.
Central Bank of Nigeria’s Requirement for PTA/BTA?
- Applicant must have a valid BVN and be 18 years and above.
- Applicant must have a valid Nigeria passport with a valid visa and a return ticket.
- PTA is valid for travels originating from Nigeria with a minimum of 5hrs flight times.
- West African countries are exempted from BTA/PTA.
- PTA bought must be returned to the bank within two weeks of purchase, If the applicant did not travel.
- The maximum limit for PTA is $4,000 per Quarterly (90 days).
- The passport must be stamped after each purchase.
- Applicants visiting blacklisted countries can’t purchase PTA.
How To Apply For Personal Travel Allowance (PTA)
- Funds your bank account with the total amount of money you need.
- Visit https://www.tradesystem.gov.ng.
- For individuals, register with your BVN.
- An OTP code will be sent to the registered email address.
- Confirm the email address
- Log in and click on Start Application.
- Select PTA/BTA
- Fill in all necessary travel details.
- Upload all necessary travel documents, such as the international passport data page, return flight ticket, and visa page.
- Enter your bank account number
- Select your bank from the drop-down
- Select the bank branch you prefer to treat the transaction to, then submit.
Which bank gives PTA in Nigeria?
List of banks that give PTA
- First bank
- Zenith Bank
- Access Bank
How much does the bank give for PTA in Nigeria?
The maximum amount for Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) is $4,000 per quarter.
How long does it take to get PTA approved in Nigeria?
It takes between period of 2 weeks to 8 weeks.
Conclusion: Best Banks For PTA (Which Bank Give PTA Fast?)
The above-listed banks are the best banks for personal Travel Allowance (PTA). Most Nigerian banks operate on a first-come-first-serve basis. So, you need to follow up with your bank with your AF number after registration.
Thank you for reading this article and we hope you got a lot of useful information on the best bank for PTA. Please share and comment.