Table of Contents
How to get GTbank Hardware token?
Read all about how to get GTbank hardware token.
The GTBank Hardware/Security Token gives you optimal protection against online thefts, hackers and fraudsters.
It is the key that grants you full access to carry out 3rd party transfers and payments online via the GTBank internet banking platform anywhere in the world.
If you want to read all about how to get GTbank hardware token, then you will need to continue reading this post.
Remember to leave us a comment after you finish reading and also share with your friends on social media.
Let’s get into it then…
Features of GTbank Hardware token
- Transfer to any GTBank account and other banks in Nigeria
- Pay for your Cable subscription.
- Pay for your phone bills and internet services
- Pay for your US Visa fee
- Book flight tickets on the following Airlines (British Airways, Lufthansa German Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Etihad, Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya, Qatar)
- Sell Foreign currencies from your domiciliary account(s) to the bank.
- Transfer foreign currencies (Dollars, pounds, Euro) from your domiciliary account to anyone in the world
- Place a standing order on your account
Benefits of GTbank hardware token
- The security token always generates a random code for every transaction thereby making it impossible for another person to carry out online transactions from your account.
- There is no need to visit a branch. With a security token you can carry out online transactions anywhere in the world.
- You can send money to family and friends and make payments from a computer and web-enabled mobile phone
- The token is the latest in banking security technology which uses a 128-bit data encryption to protect your account details
How to use the GTbank hardware token?
- Transferring money from your account to another GTBank account or to other banks.
- Generating secure codes
- Conducting FX transfers
- Processing Cash/Draft in transit
- Adding more service options on our Internet Banking platform (add service)
- Making FX Sales etc.
Note: When conducting any of the transactions listed above, you will be required to input a 6-digit code in a defined field to validate and conclude the transaction. This code can be generated by clicking the white button on the device.
How to Get a GTBank hardware Token?
- Download the hardware token form
- Complete the form
- Drop the completed form at any of the GTbank branches
- Pick up token immediately from the same branch
GT eToken Application
The GT eToken is a mobile application for generating One Time Passwords (OTPs) used in authenticating electronic transactions.
A one-time password (OTP) is a secure and automatically generated string of characters that authenticates the user for login and/or electronic transaction completion. Electronic transactions include (but may not be limited to) web, internet banking and mobile banking transactions, where you are required to enter a 6-digit token-generated code.
A one-time password (OTP) generated from your GT eToken App can be used as an alternative to or alongside the GTBank hardware token device.
Activating Your GT eToken app
To activate your GT eToken app, select your customer type and choose your preferred activation method:
Debit Card: Provide your user credential (e.g. Account number, User ID, Phone or Email), the last eight (8) digits of your GTBank debit card & your debit card PIN.
Hardware Token: Provide your user Credential and the 6-digit OTP generated by your GTBank hardware token device.
Authorization Code: To get a 9-digit authorization code, call GTCONNECT contact centre on 080 2900 2900 or 080 3900 3900. To activate your GT eToken app using this method, enter any of your user credentials and your authorization code.
Your data ID will be verified to complete the activation.
Using Your GT eToken app
Once your app is activated, you can create a unique 4-digit PIN that will be used for subsequent log in to the application and enjoy 24/7 banking.
Thank you for reading my post on How to get GTbank Hardware token? I hope I have helped you on this particular topic. If you still have questions or maybe you want to add something, the comments section is open to use.
Remember to share with your friends on social media and also subscribe to this blog for banking and finance updates.
Thank you once again.