FCMB Virtual card (All you need to know)
Read all about FCMB Virtual card.
The FCMB Virtual card is an invisible card that exists only on your mobile app and internet banking platform, the Virtual Debit Card works just like your physical card for making online payments.
With the FCMB Virtual card, you don’t have to worry about forgetting your card at home or someone stealing it.
In this post, I am going to be writing about all you need to know about FCMB Virtual card, how to get a an FCMB virtual card, benefits of FCMB Virtual card, FCMB Virtual card limit, FCMB virtual card international limit and more.
Remember to leave us a comment after you finish reading and also share with your friends on social media.
Let’s get into it then…
Read my post on how to increase transfer limit on FCMB mobile app
How to get FCMB Virtual card?
Follow the below instructions to get the FCMB Virtual debit card:
- Download and login to FCMB New Mobile https://www.fcmb.com/fcmb-new-mobile
- Go to Card Management on the menu
- Select Request for Virtual Card
- Link to an account
- Complete your details, verify with OTP and follow the prompts
Features of FCMB Virtual card
- It is linked to your Current or saving account in the bank while the Prepaid option, operates with a wallet account.
- Offered in variants of MasterCard and Verve.
- Denominated in Naira
- The MasterCard variant can be used for local and international online transactions provided the merchant accepts MasterCard.
- The Verve card variant can be used for local online transactions and accepted by a few international merchants.
- All cardholders’ details are displayed on the digital platform for the account holder to access instantly once he provides all necessary authentications.
- Transaction history can be accessed through Cardholders accounts.
- Three (3) years validity.
- Card can be re-issued if expired.
Benefits of FCMB Virtual card
- Secured means of making payment, a second level authentication in form of an OTP (One Time Password) is provided to complete a transaction.
- 24/7 access to funds in the card anywhere in Nigeria.
- Instant SMS transaction alerts for convenient monitoring of card usage.
- Customers have a much lower risk of being a victim of fraud if they use a virtual debit card: it cannot be stolen or cloned.
- Cost of card is cheaper compared to physical card.
- Convenient to get and use a virtual debit card takes far less time.
- No need to carry a physical card
- Provides protection and convenience
How to activate FCMB Virtual card
To activate your card, simply change your default PIN provided on the platform, then follow the steps for activation.
For more information on the FCMB Virtual card, you can contact the FCMB Customer support channels:
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What is the daily transaction limit on the FCMB Virtual Debit Card?
The daily transaction limit is N250,000
How secure is a Virtual card compared to a Physical card?
The primary details of a Virtual Debit Card such as the card number, CVV, and expiry date is secured with your Mobile App or Internet Banking credential plus a dynamic 2nd level authentication.
You can easily reach for these details when you want to make online transactions without having to worry about losing your Virtual Card or carrying it safely everywhere you go.
Is my Virtual Debit Card linked to my primary account with the bank?
Yes, the card is linked to an account that you select. You can also open a new account for just your Virtual Debit Card.
Is it possible to have more than one Virtual Debit Cards on my account?
YES. You can request multiple Virtual Debit Cards on one account. However, you can only have one Virtual Debit MasterCard and one Virtual Debit Verve Card at most.
Read my post on how to block FCMB atm card
With the above, you should now know all about the FCMB Virtual card. If you require further information, you can always contact the FCMB Customer support channels or shoot us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for reading my post on FCMB Virtual card (All you need to know). If you have any comment or question, you can leave it below in the comment section.
Remember to share with your friends on social media and also subscribe to this blog for more banking and finance updates.
Thank you once again for reading.
Be First to Comment