How to apply for Opay POS machine in Nigeria
Read all about how to apply for an Opay POS machine in Nigeria.
OPay, which is owned by the same Fintech Chinese company that owns Operamini, is currently one of the most famous payment processors in the Nigeria.
OPay was created to make sending and receiving payments as simple as possible. All in one app, you get the freedom and security of paying for products, filling up your accounts, and making money.
You can use the QR code to pay bills, submit money, and even withdraw cash from any OPay agent.
You can also use the app to easily purchase airtime, mobile data, and top up any of your sports betting accounts without having to open a new bank account.
Your cell phone serves as your bank account, allowing you to conduct all of your transactions.
You can also use OPay to pay for the company’s other services, such as OFood, ORide, OTrike, and OWealth, all in one app.
The Opay service is packing more punch than you could ever imagine.
In this article, we will go over How to apply for Opay POS machine, How to Become an OPay Agent – OPay Agent Requirement and Registration Form in this article. as well as everything you need to know about the OPay mobile online transaction network.
As an Opay agent, you’re also one step closer to getting another source of income and earning money. Become an Opay agent today and reap the rewards for the rest of your life.
How to apply/request for an Opay POS machine
The following is a simplified procedure to follow for requesting or applying for an OPay POS Machine in Nigeria:
● Open the OPay app on your smartphone and log in.
● Select the ‘More’ option.
● Choose “My POS” from the drop-down menu.
● Fill in all necessary details as directed.
● Upload your account transaction statement history for the past three-month.
● Upload a valid ID card (passport, national ID, or driver’s license).
● Take a screenshot of your brick and mortar kiosk and upload it to the portal.
● Then be patient till you get an approval message from Opay, once you get it, they will send you the location you’re supposed to pick up your requested Opay machine
Opay Agent Requirements
To become an Opay agent, you meet the below requirements:
● You must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
● Provide the following documents: a passport photo, a utility bill, a form of identification, and documents from the Corporate Affairs Commission (optional).
● For customer base, a small or medium-sized brick and mortar shop will be needed.
● You’ll need an Android phone that’s both working and internet-ready.
● Customer service relation would be advantageous.
● You must provide your BVN: Biometric Value Number
How to become an Opay agent?
● Find and download the Opay app on your phone, visit Google play store or IOS play store for iPhone users
● Enter your phone number, email, full name and a password you will use to sign in
● Now contact Opay support agent to request for agent registration form, you can contact them on WhatsApp +234018888329 or through their email firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also visit they physical address to see them in person here – Alexander House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way. Ikeja. Lagos, Nigeria.
● Complete the application fully and include the following items: a passport photo, a utility bill, a form of identification, and CAC documents (optional).
● Now submit the form, and once it is reviewed, you will get notified if you’re approved or not, if you’re approved, you can now start transacting as an Opay agent
Advantages of becoming an Opay agent
There are many perks of that comes with being an OPay handler, which we will discuss. As an agent, you have a chance to benefit from the following:
● You will be able to withdraw cash from your wallet quickly and easily.
● As an agent, OPay will provide you with POS for free; you will not be charged.
● The registration fee is absolutely free
● Customer service center responds quickly.
● There are no fees on any of your purchases (airtime recharge, electricity bill, cable TV subscription, and cash transfer and withdrawal).
How much does it cost to become an Opay agent?
The OPay POS app is completely free to use. However, 20 thousand naira must be retaines in your Opay wallet, it’s called a caution charge. The caution fee is deducted from your wallet as soon as the POS request is accepted. Only when the agent returns the POS terminal will the N20,000 be refunded.
When will my POS machine be delivered after requesting for the delivery?
For pending OPay POS requests, the turnaround period is 24 hours. Once it is accepted or denied, you will receive your pick up location via an SMS/email.
What are the basic tools I will need?
In short, you will need a valid ID card (Can be an international passport, National identity card, a voters card or a driving license), you must have a working Android or IOS smartphone, and finally, a kiosk you will be using as a customer base.
Why does Opay need my BVN?
The reason why Opay need your Bank Verification Number (BVN) when registering as an Opay agent is that! OPay is a financial services company regulated by Nigeria’s Central Bank.
In particular, the CBN has required that financial institutions collect KYC (Know Your Customer) information from their customers before they can begin transacting certain amounts.
Thank you for reading my post on how to apply for Opay POS machine.
If you found this article helpful, please share it on social media. Thank you for taking the time to read; we are happy to answer your questions.