How to buy Airtime/data from Zenith bank
Read my post on how to buy data from zenith bank.
Urgently need data to surf the internet in an emergency but can’t find any Airtime/Data vendor in your area? Don’t you worry, as a Zenith bank customer, a program introduced by Zenith bank called *966# Eazybanking got your back.
What is Eazybanking you ask?
*966# EazyBanking is a fast, secure, no-stress, and affordable way to perform transactions from your bank to another, pay bills, purchase Airtime, make account balance inquiries, open a bank account and so many more just by dialing a USSD code.
All of this can be done on any mobile phone and doesn’t require an internet connection.
In this guide on “How to buy data from Zenith bank“, I will show you a working method that people have been using for decades not only to buy data but to also make money transfers, buy Airtime, pay bills, open an account and also inquire their account balance.
Let’s get started…
PS: Before you can make use of *966# Eazybanking service, you need to be registered first, follow the below steps to register if you haven’t done so already.
How to register for *966# Eazybanking
- Simply dial *966*00# with your AlertZ number (Linked number to your Zenith bank account)
- You will be prompted to enter the last 4 digits of your ATM card number on the next screen
- The next page will display your Account Name and you will be prompted to create a 4-digit authentication PIN
- You will now be eligible to use this service
To make balance inquiries:
- Dial *966*00#
- The shortcode must be sent using your AlertZ number which can be done on any phone.
- For first time service, you will be prompted to register by entering the last 4 digits of your Debit Card (MasterCard or Visa)
- Create 4 digit PIN
- Confirm PIN
- You will see a message “Retrieving balance. You will receive an SMS shortly”
- The customer then gets an SMS with balances on his account (Savings and Current)
To perform bank transfers:
- Dial *966*amount*account number#
- Select beneficiary bank by entering the corresponding number
- After selection, a confirmation page will be displayed showing beneficiary name, bank, and amount. You will be prompted to enter your 4 digit PIN
- If successful, the following message will be displayed “You have successfully transferred “amount” to “beneficiary account no”. Your new balance is “amount.”
To buy Airtime for your/any mobile number :
- Dial *966*amount*mobile number#
- Select the network to which the number belongs by entering the corresponding number
- After selection, a confirmation page will be displayed showing the mobile number and the amount. Enter your 4 digit PIN to confirm
- If successful, the following message will be displayed: You have successfully purchased airtime of “amount” for “mobile number”
To make bills payment:
- Dial *966*7*amount*smartcard number#
- Select a particular biller by entering the corresponding number
- After selection, a confirmation page will be displayed showing the biller’s name, reference number, and amount. Enter your 4 digit PIN
- If successful, the following message will be displayed: You have successfully paid “biller” with “amount” Your new balance is “amount”
To open a bank account at the comfort of your home:
- Dial *966*0#
- You will be asked for your First and Last name, DOB (Date Of Birth), Address, and others
- Create 4 digit PIN
- Confirm PIN
- If successful, you will get a message thanking you for choosing Zenith bank.
- An SMS will be sent immediately with your new account number
To buy data for internet surfing:
- Visit Google play store or Apple store for IOS users and download the Zenith bank mobile app
- Once installation is done, register or log in if you already have your details set up
- On the dashboard interface, click on “Data bundles”, input your number and specify the amount of data you want
- Click on the “Buy” button, you will receive a notification if successful
Hope you find this guide on “How to buy data from Zenith bank” insightful. If any of the outlined steps isn’t working for you, kindly ask for help using the comment section below.