How to upgrade GTbank account (offline & online)
Read all about how to upgrade Gtbank account
If you have a restriction placed or you have a transaction limit on your GTBank account, do not panic. The account upgrade is what’s required to lift this restriction and limit.
Now, how can you upgrade your GTBank account? Why do I need to upgrade my account? Why is restriction and transaction limit placed on my account?
These are what this guide will shed as much light as possible on.
GTBank has three account levels classified as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. At first, your bank account type will be a Tier 1 account at the time of opening it.
A Tier 1 bank account can receive a maximum of N50,000 at once and the maximum amount that the account can hold is N300,000.
If you happen to receive more than the above-specified amount, a restriction will be placed on your account and you will need to upgrade it before you can continue to use all services GTBank has to offer.
Without much further ado, below are 2 ways you can use to upgrade your GTBank account.
How to upgrade GTBank account (Offline method)
This method is simple, you just need to visit any GTBank branch near you. But before this, you must have gathered all necessary requirements needed for the account upgrade process.
Below are the compulsory requirements:
- Any valid means of identification (Can be either a National Identification Card, International Passport, Voter’s Card, or a Driver’s License
- Your 11-digits BVN (Bank Verification Number) that is only unique to you
- 2 clean passport photographs of your face
- And lastly, any utility bills issued within the last three months such as NEPA bill, Water bill, or Electricity bill
Once all the requirements are complete, follow the outlined steps below to upgrade your account and lift all limits.
- Visit any GTBank branch near you with all the gathered requirements and ask to meet with a customer representative
- Tell them you would like to upgrade your bank account
- The agent will give you a form to fill out and also retain the requirements with you
- After filling the form correctly, submit it to the agent and if the account upgrade process is successful, all limitations and restrictions will be lifted
How to upgrade GTBank account (Online method)
You can upgrade your account Offline and Online also, this method is also simple, seamless, and more convenient as it can be done in the comfort of your home.
You will need all the above-outlined requirements as well as a smartphone (Either Android or iOS)/Laptop and a stable internet connection.
Follow the steps below to upgrade your gtbank account online:
- The first thing you need to do is visit the official GTBank website here, if this is your first time on the internet banking portal, you will need to register
- Register with a valid email address/phone number/account and also input your desired secure password
- After you are able to log in, click on the “Self-service” on the account page bottom
- Select “Account upgrade” and input your 10-digits NUBAN account number along with your BVN
- Submit on “Submit” and select what level you’re upgrading to, whether Tier 2 or Tier 3
- A one-time password will be generated and sent to your GTBank registered mobile phone number, enter the number and click on proceed
- On the final step, you will be required to upload all the necessary requirements that are specified above, do so and click submit
If all is well, your account will be upgraded within 24 hours.
And that’s all you need to do, this is really simple and not complicated at all. Let me know in the comment if you have any questions whatsoever.